What Others Are Doing
Creative ways people are raising money for JustADollarPlease. Send your ideas in to share!
• Barbara designed bracelets to give in exchange for donations. She sells them at cost to those who want to raise money for JustADollarPlease.org. For more information, contact Barbara at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Terry was invited to her high school reunion. She responded with a note to all her classmates telling them about the accident which paralyzed her son, the progress of research, and the need to raise money for the clinical trial network. Several classmates have responded generously.
• Bob and Arlene wanted to share their 25th anniversary with family and friends, but need a cure for their daughter more than silver candy dishes. The invitation included a card so guests could give Gifts of Hope in honor of Amanda.
• Anna and Ken included a note about JustADollarPlease.org in their Christmas cards inviting people to donate. They have raised almost $3,000!
• A family on Staten Island has a JustADollarPlease.org jar on their hardward store counter. (Don’t own a store? Tell the story to your favorite restaurant, beauty salon, hardware store, pharmacy and ask them to become a ‘Business Buddy’ and put out a container.)
• Plan an event where everyone brings dollars … one family held a Hawaiian Wine and Cheese Party, in costume, in the middle of winter! Use your imagination.
“No Birthday Present, Please.” For his 7th birthday, Daniel asked party guests to forego presents and bring gifts forJustADollarPlease.org. Thank you, Daniel!
• Ask a local restaurant or bar to hold a bingo party, Wii Air Guitar contest, or Karaoke Night with donations of dollars to participate. Establishment can give discount coupons for prizes.
• Tell people what you are doing … and ask them for JustADollarPlease.
• Talk to local newspapers, radio stations and television stations about the Moms trying to raise a Million and how you are helping to get stories and airtime.
Share your creative ideas by sending them to email@example.com and watch for them on this page!